Basic Sauce for Roasted chicken (4 portions)
1 Medium sized onion, sliced
1 Medium sized carrot, sliced
1/2 stick Celery, sliced
1 Tbsp. Butter
1 Tbsp. VEG Oil
½ clove Garlic, crushed
1 cup White wine
2 cups Chicken stock
3 Tbsp. Double cream
Salt and pepper
1. Gently cook the sliced vegetables in butter and the oil until caramelised on low heat, it will take about 20 minutes. Then add crushed garlic and cook for a further 1 minute
2. Add the wine and simmer until reduced to ¼ cup
3. Add the stock and simmer until reduced to 1 cup, about 200ml. Pass through sieve and pour in a jag.
4. In another pan, cook the flour in butter for about a minute on a medium heat then add in the infused reduced stock and milk, to achieve the right consistency stirring all the time for about 2 minutes.
5. Add the cream, then season to taste with salt and pepper, cook for about 30 seconds.
If you need a little more ‘body’ in the flavour, add 1 Tsp mustard. This will go very well with Roasted Chicken stuffed with minced meat or Meat loaf.